Friday, July 15, 2011

Picasa Storage Not Killed With Google+ Instant Upload


 

For those that were lucky enough to land that early Google+ invite, using the application from your EVO has been monumentally awesome. Sure, there are bugs in every beta program, but the auto upload feature, combined with Sprint Unlimited data just makes like amazingly simple. Simple is good, but even better than simple is the astounding - wow factor - item that we have discovered.

The original instructions stated that any image that was 800x600 or less would not count against your 'Google' limit when uploaded and you could share all you wanted. We decided to test this and launched an all out assault on our Picasa account last evening with a 244 photo upload directly from our device through the Google+ instant share feature. 400MB later, our 244 images were placed in the Instant Upload folder on our Picasa page with no additional data used from our Picasa cap.

Hopefully, someone from Google will reach out to our requests for an explanation on the new system and how the data usage works, but for now, consider your instant uploads from the Google+ app as freebies until further notice.

1 comment:

  1. I hope to help me
    Pictures taken from my mobile and automatically create a file Instant Iblod the very private pictures and tried to cancel and delete the file because I could not various means, and apparently I have become images on the net How can I cancel my mobile is supported with science Android ... Please help me

    ReplyDelete