Thursday, August 25, 2011

Airave SMS Issues?

This one is coming at you straight from the personal experience department. Yesterday, my Evo began blasting friends and family with 25 to 30 text messages in repetitive fashion. Today, my wife's Evo started receiving multiples in the same fashion.

It was crazy times, and two calls to Sprint still had her device in a panic and me nervous about sending a text. That was until I said the word - Airave...

Once I mumble the word into the phone, the Sprint rep shoved me off to Airave support where 5 minutes later they were resetting my box. Apparently this is a known problem with the Airave support people and isn't general knowledge to the rest of the CSR's.

The warning signs to watch for are the scary "Radio Interface Resource Shortage" Error Code 64, Error Class 2 or the even easier to spot 'ghost messages' showing up multiple times a day. Once you see these, get outside where you have good coverage and call that magical *2 and get directly to Airave support. You'll thank us later.

No comments:

Post a Comment